America Recycles Day

Don’t forget November 15 is America Recycles Day! Consignment and resale are great ways to recycle, whether you’re buying or selling, you’re keeping usable goods from entering the waste stream! So before you go to the big box stores, why not check out your local consignment or second-hand store and see if you can not only help the environment but your wallet to. Right now we’re throwing way to much out.

According to the Council for Textile Recycling, the US generate an average of 82 lbs of textiles per person each year and only 15% of those are donated or recycled and the remaining 85% end up in landfills (http://www.weardonaterecycle.org/about/issue.html). Join us at Mommy’s Trading Post in the effort to shift these numbers, whether buying/selling with us or dropping off donations of infant clothes for Loved Twice.

For more info on America Recycles Day check out their website https://americarecyclesday.org/

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *